Don Your Dresses and Crowns for a Medieval Fantasy Ball at the Please Touch Museum
On Sunday, April 22, Please Touch Museum is hosting a magical celebration with its annual Storybook Ball- Medieval Fantasy. This enchanted event transports guests back to the time of knights and ladies, princes and princesses. Step into a storybook ball and meet your favorite medieval characters like Sleeping Beauty, Maid Marian, and even a real knight in shining armor!
Immerse your family in a medieval day filled with singing, dancing, and merrymaking. Kids can enter a castle, meet special characters, and become a knight while exploring medieval history through stories, plays and unique crafts.
Included events in your ticket to this special celebration:
- Yarn Tapestries: Guests are invited to spin colorful yarn into creative tapestries.
- Medieval Bestiary Collages: Build your own mythical beast with this crafty event.
- Castle Building: Get tips from a master builder as you design walls, towers, and arches for your very own castle.
- Medieval Quartet Performances: Experience song and dance inspired by instruments and tales of old.
- Meet the Animals: Philadelphia Zoo animals come to pay a special visit.
- Knight Training School: Learn the tools of the trade, including etiquette, horsemanship, and lance skills as you advance from squire to knight.
- Maid Marian’s Tales: Join in a special story time with a focus on fairytales
- Illuminated Manuscript Drawings: Manuscripts were once a work of art. Learn how it was done and then try your own!
- Medieval Herb Garden: With a scientific eye, conduct investigations with the magical herbs and plants from long ago.
- Catapults: Explore the science of catapults and give it a go!
- Royal Court Parade and Ball: The moment you've been waiting for, a real ball! Learn dance steps and spin around in your fancy party clothes.
Tickets to this all-day event are $25 per person. Special event features are timed so check the calendar to make sure you don't miss any of your favorites. And remember - storybook balls are always more fun with friends so share this post with someone who you'd like to join you at Please Touch Museum's magical annual event.