21 Things to Do With Kids in NYC on Easter Sunday
On Easter Sunday, many New York City families enjoy a neighborhood egg hunt or watch the wildly popular Easter bonnet parade and festival. And with public school vacation continuing through April 26, Easter is just the beginning of the spring fun afoot in the city.
1. Catch the blooming flowers of spring at any of these picturesque gardens.
2. Realize your dream of ice skating with the Easter Bunny before Rockefeller Center's rink closes for the season.
Travel back in time on a guided tour to learn about dinos of the past and animals of the present at the Dinosaur Safari at the Bronx Zoo. Photo by Rose Gordon Sala
3. Go on a Dinosaur Safari at the Bronx Zoo and get up close with a 40 foot long Tyrannosaurus rex.
Don your holiday finery for the Easter bonnet parade. Photo courtesy of the event
4. Thrill at the amazing millinery at the spectacular Easter bonnet parade and festival.
5. The Easter Bunny may have been busy hiding eggs in the early morning sunlight, but he's refueling with brunch at a couple of local spots.
Participate in a Family Art Project at Wave Hill. Photo courtesy of Wave Hill
6. Celebrate Mother Earth at the beautiful Wave Hill, which hosts a Family Art Project: The Earth on the Turtle's Back. FREE
Discover eggs in surprising places at the Children's Museum of Manhattan. Photo courtesy the museum.
8. Hunt Easter eggs, weave Easter baskets, or craft Easter sun catchers at the Children's Museum of Manhattan.
10. Celebrate the season with animals of all kinds at the Spring Eggstravaganza at the Queens Zoo.
11. Follow the clues to discover the mysteries of Pip's Island, a recently-opened immersive kids' theater experience.
12. Be your own t-shirt designer at this family workshop in Gowanus.
13. Take in an afternoon of magic at Coney Island, featuring illusionists, escape artists, mentalists, and magicians from around the world.
14. Advocate for our earth, thanks to a day of art and activism with the New York Historical Society.
Puss in Boots is the Swedish Cottage's spin on the beloved children's classic. Photo courtesy of the theater
16. For a truly special treat, set sail with the Easter Bunny, and enjoy a day on the water, plus refreshments and photo ops. Sail on one of Spirit Cruise's trips, which depart from Chelsea Piers and include brunch or dinner.
17. Car enthusiasts of all ages can revel in the spectacle of the New York International Auto Show.
18. Explore ecosystems and rock out at the Brooklyn Children's Museum.
19. Kids can go wild to the music of Queen at Brooklyn Bowl.
20. Give kids ages 8 and up a chance to escape the room by solving games at Mission Solvers.
21. Celebrate the return of FAO Schwarz at their Easter extravaganza, featuring crafts, photos, and giveaways.