Mamaroneck with Kids: 25 Things to Do for Westchester Families
Mamaroneck, a charming town nestled along the Long Island Sound in lower Westchester, is known for its great public schools, beautiful homes and gorgeous views of the Sound. With neighborhood events like Mamaroneck Shares, the Firemen's Carnival and 4th of July Fireworks Show, Mamaroneck has earned a reputation as a family oriented and welcoming community.
In December, we will be focusing on Mamaroneck and everything this lovely town has to offer residents and visitors, starting with an overview on top picks for where to go and what to see. Read on 25 things to do in Mamaroneck with kids.
- Find everything from kids clothes to toys and bikes at Miller's Toy Store.
- Take a musical theater class at Applause.
- Try the cheesecake at Boiano Bakery.
- Make your own fro-yo creation at Cherry Tree Frozen Yogurt
- Romp through the nautical themed playground at Harbor Island Park.
- Enjoy amazing wood oven pizza and a super friendly staff at Frankie & Fanucci's.
- Catch a show and check out the chic new lobby at Emelin Theatre.
- Register for a dance class at Danse Elite.
- Relax with a book at Mamaroneck Public Library's Children's Room and check out the variety of family programming and events.
- Celebrate the 4th of July with an incredible fireworks display at Harbor Island Park.
- Enjoy traditional Italian cuisine at Andrea's 25 North.
- Drop the kids off at JW Tumble for Kids Night Out and enjoy a date of your own!
- Get a hot dog from Walter's Hot Dog Stand, a neighborhood gem.
- Enjoy classic carnival fun at the annual Firemen's Carnival.
- Grab a burger at Molly Spillane's.
- Try the delicious paletas (Mexican frozen pops) at Paleteria Fernandez.
- Have a ghoulishly good time at the annual Halloween event, Spooktacular.
- Create a chocolate bar as unique as you at Chocolation's.
- Check out a show at Westchester Sandbox Theatre.
- Grab a table in the outdoor garden (weather permitting, of course) and indulge in the 12 hour garlic pasta at 360 American Grille. Yum.
- Make new friends and attend fun social events through Larchmont Newcomers' Club (they service Larchmont, Mamaroneck and New Rochelle).
- Try Mediterranean fare at Turkish Meze. If the kids aren't adventurous, they also serve chicken fingers and fries. Score!
- Have fun while helping to raise money for local charities at Mamaroneck Shares
- Get creative at the annual Arts and Crafts Fair.
- Grab a quick and delicious slice at Sal's Pizzeria (good luck finding a seat).
All images taken by MommyPoppins.com.
Places featured in this article:
Miller's Toy Store
Cherry Tree Frozen Yogurt
Frankie & Fanucci's
Mamaroneck Public Library
Andrea's 25 North
Westchester Sandbox Theatre
360 American Grille
Walter's Hot Dog Stand