30 Fun Indoor Activities for Philly Kids
From time to time, the cold, winter winds or the hot, humid temperatures may force Philly families to retreat indoors. Thankfully, there are many ways to keep kids entertained inside. Mommy Poppins Philadelphia has put together a list of some great activities, events, and experiences when outdoor fun isn't an option. Continue reading for some of our top ideas.
1. Learn about the life of inventor, philosopher, and Founding Father, Ben Franklin, at the Benjamin Franklin Museum. Select dates throughout the year offer free admission.
2. Use your imagination to construct a Lego creation at Legoland King of Prussia. Those with little ones can participate in special toddler sessions geared towards kids 3-5 years old.
3. Put on your bathing suit and take a dip at an indoor water park.
4. Gain incredible skills at iCore Ninja Fitness.
6. Practice yoga poses at a mommy and me yoga class.
7. Add a little color to your life with a trip to the Crayola Experience in Easton.
Photo courtesy of National Constitution Center
9. Wear a Supreme Court Justice robe, pretend to give a press conference as President of the United States, and see how a bill becomes a law at the National Constitution Center.
10. Learn about helicopters and flight at the American Helicopter Museum.
11. Enrich your experience at the Barnes with their special Toddler Times.
12. Watch the trains race down the tracks at the annual Antique Toy Train display at the Museum of American History.
13. Experience the Swedish culture during the American Swedish Historical Museum's toddler time.
Burn off that energy at SkyZone! Photo courtesy the trampoline park
14. Bounce the afternoon away at a trampoline park such as SkyZone or BounceU.
15. Tour Eastern State Penitentiary and see how the prisoners lived. Be aware, this tour includes some outdoor walking.
18. Head underwater and tour the Battleship New Jersey.
19. See a family-friendly movie at The Colonial Theatre.
20. Soar through the air at iFLY in King of Prussia.
Photo courtesy of Center/Architecture + Design
23. Understand how guitars are made at C.F. Martin Guitar Factory.
25. Watch potatoes being washed, sorted, and sliced as they are turned into chips at the Herr's Snack Factory.
27. Visit the aquatic animals such as the African Penguin, Chocolate Chip Starfish, American Lobster, Blacktip shark, Clownfish, Lined Seahorse, and Stingray at Adventure Aquarium.
28. Use props and costumes to bring a children's story to life at Arden Theatre.
29. Visit the Please Touch Museum where toddlers can run around and burn off some energy exploring hands-on fun.
30. Explore electricity and climb around in the brain at the Franklin Institute.