Father's Day is fast approaching—a great time to honor all the dads in our lives. And though we spend so much time planning fun events and activities for our little ones, coming up with just the right way to celebrate Dad may be a bit tricky.
There's still time to plan a day of fun for Dad. Instead of ties or cologne, how about an outing that speaks to his interests? Whether he's into music, science, cars or simply enjoys some time outdoors, we've rounded up 10 great ways to show your husband (or father, uncle, grandpa, etc.) just how special he is.
Looking for more family fun? Sign up for our newsletters and follow us on Facebook!
1. If Dad is into cars, head over to Grand Prix New York where he can get his racing fix. He'll even get to suit up before he races. My car-obsessed husband has fun racing ... especially if he's going up against our car-obsessed son! Beyond go-karts, Grand Prix also offers bowling, arcade games and more.
2. Enjoy a Father's Day hike along one of Westchester's many picturesque hiking trail. Check out our recommendations for easy hikes in the Hudson Valley and nature trails for Westchester families.
3. If Dad is a golf enthusiast, but the little ones aren't quite ready to join him on the golf course, try practicing your swing at one of Westchester's miniature golf courses.
4. Get your build on: Legoland Discovery Center is offering FREE admission for dads on Father's Day.
5. Root, root, root for the home team. See the Rockland Boulders, the minor leaguer baseball team, at Palisades Credit Union Park and have an on-field catch after the game.
6. Enjoy a day of classic carnival rides, games, food and more at Rye Playland. And to honor the big guy, dads ride FREE on Father's Day.
7. Take a walk on the wild side at The Wolf Conservation Center. Participants can learn all about wolves and meet the Center's amazing ambassador wolves. Pre-registration is required.
8. Bring dad (or grandpa) to one of the biggest concerts in our area, the returning Clearwater Great Hudson River Revival. This year’s music lineup includes Arlo Guthrie and Los Lobos, among many others. Check out our full review of the festival for everything you need to know.
9. See a FREE concert at Turnure Park in White Plains. While you're there, check out the new playground.
10. Who said dinner and a movie has to be a date night? Skip the cooking and bring the family to a showing at the iPic luxury movie theater.
Don't forget to check our Event Calendar for even more things to do this Father's Day and beyond.
Originally published June 2013 and updated for 2017.
Image credit: Pixabay