25 Things to Do With a Preschooler in Boston
Preschoolers can be a finicky bunch. Maybe that's partly because they are straddling the fine line between little kid and big kid status: too old for some things, but too young for many others.
Here are 25 wonderful ways to enjoy Boston with a preschooler.
2. Take a ride on the carousel on the Rose Kennedy Greenway.
3. It's not just for tourists! Quack your way down the streets of Boston on a Duck Tour.
4. Ride the trolley to a specific destination or nowhere at all!
8. Get your preschooler excited about books and reading by visiting the awesomely renovated children's space at the Boston Public Library.
10. Check out one of the many kid-friendly programs at Franklin Park Zoo, where kids can visit with the animals all year long.
11. Grab a hot dog or ice cream at Sullivan's on Castle Island and then fly a kite, collect shells and rocks on the beach and watch the planes from Logan Airport fly overhead.
12. Play with the penguins or check out one of the kid programs like Sea Squirts or Blue Discovery Family Days at the New England Aquarium.
13. For 40 years, Puppet Showplace Theater has been presenting engaging puppet plays to Boston area kids. Check out a show and introduce your preschooler to the theater arts.
14. The Museum of Science is not just for the big kids. There are plenty of things for preschoolers to enjoy as well, like the Discovery Center and Butterfly Garden.
15. Play a game of Wildlife Bingo at the Arnold Arboretum, a 281-acre living collection of trees, shrubs and vines.
16. Bring your preschooler to see a cool collection of historic cars at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum. And check their website for a calendar of family-friendly events.
18. Check out the Family Art Cart at the Museum of Fine Arts for activities for children ages 4 and up.
19. Your preschooler will feel on top of the world when you take the elevator to the top of the Prudential Tower and get a bird's eye view of Boston at the Skywalk Observatory.
20. Sign up for an Early Explorers session at the Boston Nature Center, where your preschooler can learn about the outdoor world through games, stories, art and outdoor time.
21. Check out a kids' show at the historic Coolidge Corner Theater.
25. Visit the LEGO® DUPLO® Farm (and lots of other attractions) at the LEGOLAND Discovery Center and introduce your preschooler to the wonderful world of brick-building.