35 Things To Do with Kids During Spring Break in Boston
April vacation is full of exciting possibilities for kids in Boston—no plane tickets required! Not only do you get to go outside to enjoy the start of spring weather, but there are also tons of fun activities planned between April 15th and 24th just for kids. From wild zoo adventures to a dinosaur safari exhibit to a pirate treasure hunt, there's something to keep every kiddo happy. Check out our full list of things to do with kids during spring break in Boston.
Take a look at our Top Attractions in Boston - Best Things to See and Do with Kids for some great family-friendly options in and around Boston. Be sure to check out our guide to Free Museums: When it's Free to Visit Boston Museums, Zoos, and Gardens for helpful hints on the best times to visit area attractions. If you plan to venture from Boston for April vacation week, our family travel guide has you covered. And subscribe to our newsletter for stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.
2022 note: Many events require pre-registration to attend, so make sure to reach out to each event for specific details. Some events may also require indoor masking and proof of vaccination; be sure to check individual policies before attending.
35 Things to Do with Kids During Spring Break in Boston
1. Take the kids to Boston Symphony Hall for the BSO/BYSO Family Concert.
2. Let the little chocolate lovers whip up something tasty at Taste Buds Kitchen.
3. Learn about ancient marketplaces at Harvard's Museum of the Near East
Head to Adventure Bay for some spring break fun. The Paw Patrol Experience, photo courtesy of camp.com.
4. Save Adventure Bay at the Paw Patrol Experience at CAMP Burlington.
5. Join Captain Brickbeard in the Hunt for the Golden Treasure at Somerville's LEGOLAND Discovery Center.
6. Search for Jurassic fun at Faneuil Hall's Dino Safari.
7. Calling all animal lovers: Sign up for the Southwick Zoo's Spring Wild Adventure program and spend the day playing games, crafting, and even meeting some animals up close!
8. Immerse kids in the wonders of nature at this four-day camp at the Boston Nature Center ... right in Mattapan!
Thar she blows! Photo courtesy of Capt. Bill and Sons Whale Watch.
9. Hop on a boat and hit the water for a day of whale watching.
10. Explore Central American History at Harvard's Muchos Mexicos exhibit.
The Asian lanterns will be on display in Providence during spring break. Photo courtesy of the Roger William Zoo
11. Take a ride to the Roger Williams Zoo at night to be dazzled by the Asian Lantern Spectacular.
12. Take the running and jumping inside and visit one of these indoor play spaces
13. Spring break is the perfect time to dust off the hiking boots and get vertical with a family hike.
14. Pack up the car with kids and snacks and roll out for a day trip!
Make a new furry friend at Boston's local farms. Photo courtesy of Chestnut Hill Farm
15. It's not springtime without a visit with baby farm animals! Pay a visit to a local farm to pet and feed the residents.
16. See Sesame Street Live: Let's Party! at Agannis Arena.
The Swan Boats return to Boston Public Garden. Photo by Wally Gobetz, CC BY-SA 2.0
17. Head over to the Public Garden for the return of the Swan Boats.
18. Register the kids for literacy themed races at the North Star Children's Ramble and help a great cause.
19. Grab tickets for a Blue Man Grup afternoon or evening show at the Charles Playhoues.
20. Learn about emotions through the Inside Out exhibit at the Museum of Science.
21. Get the ultimate fun experience at the Apex, for a day of ropes courses, laser guns, go-karts, and more!
Take the kids out to the ballgame for April break. Photo courtesy of the Boston Red Sox, Facebook.
22. Buy some peanuts and cracker jacks and catch the Sox first home games at Fenway with your little sluggers.
23. It may not be warm enough for a dip in an outdoor pool, but you can still make a splash inside at one of these great indoor water parks.
24. Or maybe chill out with one more winter fun day and go for a spin at an indoor ice skating rink.
25. Cheer on the world-class athletes (and the non-world class ones) participating in the Boston Marathon.
26. Test your mystery-solving skills in the Scooby-Doo escape room at Tewksbury's Escapology..
27. Just because it's not summer doesn't mean you can't hit the beach. Grab some pails and shovels (and maybe a jacket!) and build some sandcastles and collect shells.
28. Take a 90-minute chocolate tour of Harvard Square.
What will you find at Drumlin Farm? Photo courtesy of Mass Audubon
29. Head to Mass Audubon's Drumlin Farm for some farming and nature exploration.
30. Make the break extra magical with a week of Disney themed fun at Sugar Plum Parties in Billerica.
Warmer weather makes outdoor dining a great family activity for spring break. Photo courtesy of the Barking Crab
31. Bask in the warmer weather and take the family for an outdoor meal at one of these great restaurants.
Get up close and personal with aquatic life this spring break. Photo courtesy of the New England Aquarium
32. You may not be ready to take the plunge into the water quite yet, but you can still visit ocean life at the New England Aquarium. Make sure to swing by the touch tank for added fun!
33. See Koo Koo Kanga Roo perform their music and comedy live in Harvard Square.
34. Party for the Planet–and all its fabulous animals–at the Franklin Park Zoo.
35. Attend a Nature Identification Workshop and learn about our local flora and fauna.