100 Trivia Questions for Kids - With Answers!
Trivia questions for kids are a fun way to battle boredom, learn new things, and keep kids’ brains active. Whether your family is on a long car ride, stuck inside on a rainy day, or just in the mood for some friendly competition, trivia questions are sure to entertain and enlighten kids of all ages. Plus, your kiddos will have some interesting facts to share at school or at their next party.
Here are 100 trivia questions for kids, including everything from animal and history trivia to Disney and sports trivia. We made sure to provide the answers too, just in case you get stumped! Once you've gotten through this list, find more ways to keep idle minds busy in our Boredom Busters for Kids guide.
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
The hummingbird is the only bird species that can fly backwards. Photo courtesy of the Orlando Science Center
Animal Trivia Questions for Kids
1. What species of bird can fly backwards?
2. What is the largest species of shark?
The whale shark
3. How many bones do sharks have in total?
4. What type of camel only has one hump?
A dromedary camel
5. What is a group of lions called?
6. How many tentacles does an octopus have?
7. What is a baby kangaroo called?
8. What is the only land mammal that cannot jump?
9. What is a rhinoceros’s horn made of?
10. What is a male swan called?
11. How do bats navigate?
They use echolocation.
12. What is the fastest land animal?
Neil Armstrong was the first person to walk on the moon. Photo courtesy of NASA
History Trivia Questions for Kids
13. What year did a person first walk on the moon?
14. Who invented the telephone?
Alexander Graham Bell
15. Who was the second US President?
16. Which country gifted the Statue of Liberty to the United States?
17. How many wives did Henry VIII have?
18. Who painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel?
19. George Washington Carver produced around 300 inventions using what ingredient?
20. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?
21. Who wrote the lyrics to The Star-Spangled Banner, America's national anthem?
Francis Scott Key
Al's Toy Barn is first seen in a TV commercial advertising Buzz Lightyear toys in the first Toy Story film. Photo courtesy of Disney/Pixar
Disney Trivia Questions for Kids
22. What is the name of the toy store in Toy Story?
Al's Toy Barn
23. What is Sleeping Beauty’s name?
24. What do the fairies call Sleeping Beauty?
25. What everyday object does Ariel call a “dinglehopper” in The Little Mermaid?
26. What three types of wishes does the genie tell Aladdin he cannot grant?
He can’t kill anyone, make anyone fall in love, or bring anyone back from the dead.
27. What are the names of Cinderella's stepsisters?
Anastasia and Drizella
28. How many eggs does Gaston eat each morning in Beauty and the Beast?
5 dozen (60)
29. What is Tiana’s dream in The Princess and the Frog?
To own a restaurant
30. What kind of pet does Rapunzel have, and what is its name?
A chameleon named Pascal
31. What special event happens on Rapunzel’s birthday each year?
The king and queen release floating lanterns.
32. What name does Mulan use while she is disguised?
33. In Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, which dwarf always mixes up his words?
34. Why does Frozen's Anna have a white streak in her hair?
Elsa accidentally froze her head when they were children.
35. What baby animal does Moana rescue as a child?
36. Where does Simba live as a cub in The Lion King?
37. Sulley and Mike are characters in which movie?
38. What is the full name of the male cat in The Aristocats?
Abraham DeLacey Giuseppe Casey Thomas O’Malley the Alley Cat
39. What is Dumbo’s real name?
40. What do Lady and Tramp eat on their date?
Spaghetti and meatballs
Paddington Bear just can't get enough marmalade. Photo courtesy of Heyday Films
More Movie Trivia Questions for Kids
41. What is Paddington Bear's favorite food?
42. In the movie Madagascar, what kind of animal is Kowalski?
43. In The Emperor's New Groove, what is Kuzco turned into?
A talking llama
44. What movie series features a character named Toothless?
How to Train Your Dragon
45. What film won the first ever Academy Award for Best Animated Feature?
46. What is Emmet's job at the beginning of The Lego Movie?
Who can forget the Grinch's lovable dog, Max? How the Grinch Stole Christmas still courtesy of CBS
Holiday and Christmas Trivia Questions for Kids
47. What is the name of the Grinch’s dog?
48. What are the names of Santa's reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph
49. What makes Rudolph special?
His bright red nose
50. What is the name of the holiest month of the year for Muslims?
51. How many times does Santa check his list?
52. What is the name of the candle that is used to light the other candles of the Hanukkah menorah?
53. What are the first words Frosty the Snowman says when he comes to life?
54. What is the traditional Passover meal called?
55. Where in the US did the first Thanksgiving take place?
Caterpillars eventually turn into beautiful butterflies. Photo courtesy of the Houston Museum of Natural Science
Science Trivia Questions for Kids
56. What is it called when caterpillars turn into butterflies?
57. What planet is closest to the sun?
58. What part of the plant conducts photosynthesis?
59. What is the largest animal?
The blue whale
60. What connects muscles to bones?
61. What do you call animals that eat both plants and meat?
62. Which is faster, light or sound?
63. How many elements are there on the periodic table?
64. Where is the oldest living tree located?
65. What kind of tree makes acorns?
The oak tree
66. What does a Geiger counter measure?
67. What blood type is known as the universal donor?
Type O negative
68. What is the powerhouse of the cell?
Argentina won the FIFA World Cup in 2022. Photo by Tasnim News Agency CC BY 4.0
Sports Trivia Questions for Kids
69. What sport is played during the FIFA World Cup?
70. How many holes are played in a typical round of golf?
71. What is the distance of a marathon?
72. Which two teams are tied for the most National Basketball Association (NBA) championships?
Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics
73. What is the only sport that has been played on the moon?
74. What is the Tour de France?
A bike race
75. What is the name of the part of the football field where a touchdown is scored?
The end zone
76. What sport is "love" a score in?
77. What do you call a home run in which four runs are scored?
A grand slam
78. What is the name of the championship trophy in the National Hockey League (NHL)?
The Stanley Cup
London Bridge spans the Thames River. Photo courtesy of the Library of Congress
Geography Trivia Questions for Kids
79. What river flows through London?
80. How many continents are there?
81. What countries border the United States?
Canada and Mexico
82. What is the capital of Spain?
83. What is the smallest country in the world?
84. Which is colder, the North or South Pole?
The South Pole
85. What is the longest river in Africa?
86. What mountain range includes Mount Everest?
87. What country has the largest population?
88. How many oceans are there?
89. What desert covers a large portion of northern Africa?
Chris Hemsworth has played Thor in several films, including 2013's Thor: The Dark World. Photo courtesy of Disney/Marvel
Superhero Trivia Questions for Kids
90. What is Thor’s hammer called?
91. Which superhero is known as the “Man of Steel”?
92. What is Batman’s real name?
93. What is Superman’s weakness?
94. T’Challa is the King of which country?
95. Which superhero has a magic lasso?
96. Which superhero gets his powers from a ring?
97. What is the name of the first Robin?
98. What newspaper employs Peter Parker?
The Daily Bugle
99. What is Batman’s butler’s name?
100. What is the Scarlet Witch’s real name?