35 Things We Can't Wait To Do This Spring in Houston
A famous actor once said, "Spring is nature's way of saying 'Let's party!'" Well, from the list below of happenings in Houston this spring, that certainly seems to be true. I know my toddler thinks that any day with a trip to Noah's Ark at the Quillan Center is cause for celebration. But splash pads aside, whether you are looking for a theatrical experience, an outdoor festival, or new playground space, this list will put a spring in your step - your kiddo is already 10 steps ahead.
***This post is currently being updated for 2020***
1. Join in the two days of fun at the McDonald's Houston Children's Festival, one of the biggest children's festivals in the country.
2. Enjoy what is predicted to be one of the best crops of bluebonnets all around Houston this spring.
3. Check out the fantastic pool, gymnasium, and fitness center at Emancipation Park.
4. See Main Street Theater’s production of The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley and watch the 2-dimensional character come to life on stage.
5. Explore the newest limited engagement exhibit at the Houston Zoo: Dragons!
Photo courtesy McDonald's Houston Children's Festival via Facebook
6. Experience plenty of farm-themed fun including strawberry picking, games, hayrides, and more at the Blessington Farms Spring Break Spectacular through March 2, 2020.
7. You'll find fine art, food, and entertainment in Memorial Park at the Bayou City Art Festival taking place March 27-29, 2020.
Related: Houston Farms For Berry Picking And Family Fun
8. Color your world at the 11th annual Houston Holi Festival of Colors on March 28, 2020.
9. Explore American women's history through arts, crafts, and other activities at Bayou Bend's Family Day the third Sunday of each month.
10. Celebrate German culture at the Tomball German Heritage Festival March 27-28, 2020.
11. Kids and adults alike will marvel at the funky and mind-blowing creativeness that is on parade for the annual Art Car Parade.
12. Stop by the McGovern Centennial Gardens for Friday morning story hour and then feed the ducks on the way to your car.
13. Celebrate the Iranian New Year at the annual Nowruz Spring Festival at Sugar Land Town Square on March 21, 2020.
14. Splash pads! Discovery Green, Levy Park, and the Zoo, to name a few...
15. Mark your calendar for May 12 because that's the day the Quillan Center's Noah's Ark officially opens for the summer. *Toddlers rejoice*
Photo courtesy Art Car Parade
16. Take the entire family to see Little Shop of Horrors on stage at Owen Theatre in Conroe.
17. Immerse yourself in the Bionic Me Exhibit at Space Center Houston.
18. 'Tis the season for...crawfish! Grab a pound or two of mudbugs at one of the many area festivals going on.
Related: Where to Find Bluebonnets Around Houston This Spring
19. Dance the night away at the Once Upon a Time in Neverland Annual Fairy Tale Ball at the Galveston Children's Museum.
20. Pop over to the Heights Kids Day of Music, a family-friendly music festival on March 28, 2020.
21. Disney on Ice returns to Houston with its "Road Trip Adventures" show from April 14-18, 2020.
22. Take a dance class, make art, or listen to music at the beautiful Levy Park.
23. Trade the ice skates for roller skates and take a turn at Houston's only outdoor roller rink at Discovery Green.
24. Let's go fly a kite - during the Hermann Park Kite Festival, that is. Take part in this beloved annual event complete with food trucks, live entertainment, and educational booths.
Photo courtesy the Bayou City Arts Festival
25. See beloved characters come to life in Paw Patrol Live! at The Hobby Center.
26. Join the Houston Astronomy Club for stargazing at Pundt Park Wednesday evenings this spring.
27. Take advantage of the warmer weather and explore area farmer's markets.
28. Let kids be a "Marine Biologist for a Day" at the Downtown Aquarium the first Saturday of each month this spring.
29. Take tiny train lovers to see all that RailFest 2020 has to offer at Rosenberg Railroad Museum on March 28, 2020.
30. Run, swim, and bike with kids ages 6 and up in the 2020 Kids Triathlon April 25, 2020.
31. Dance, sing, and eat at the Houston Creole Heritage Festival in Midtown Park on April 11, 2020.
32. Soak up the warmer weather at kid-friendly fishing spots around Houston.
33. Enjoy rides, games, live entertainment, and more at The Woodlands Family Fun Fest on March 21, 2020.
34. Spend the fourth Sunday of the month at Free Family Fun Day at YMCA Camp Cullen.
35. Pick (and eat) delicious, ripe strawberries this spring at local Houston-area berry farms.
Top photo by the author