These funny jokes for kids will give you the pure joy of hearing your kids let out a deep belly laugh! The only thing that's better is watching them learn to tell their own jokes for kids. The first time my kids started telling jokes, they made little sense, but we all laughed together just the same, because hey, it was funny to them.
We've rounded up some of our favorite jokes for kids from our editors and writers, so you can share these tonight at dinner, in the car, or as a rainy day activity—and earn those shared family giggle sessions. Most of these are simple jokes that kids can memorize and tell on their own. Looking for more jokes? We've got jokes, riddles, tongue twisters, knock knock jokes, and jokes for every occasion on our Guide to the Best Jokes and Humor for Kids.
Read on for the best corny jokes for kids, animal jokes, Star Wars jokes, and yes, plenty of silly jokes for kids...
Funny Jokes for Kids
1. Why did the tomato blush?
Because it saw the salad dressing.
2. Why didn't the duck pay for the lip balm?
He wanted to put it on his bill.
3. What do you call an alligator in a vest?
4. Why did Darth Vader turn off one light?
He prefers it on the dark side.
5. What do you call a fly without wings?
6. How do you throw a party on Mars?
7. Do you have holes in your underwear?
So how do you put your legs through?
8. When is it time to go to the dentist?
Tooth hurty (2:30)
9 What did the frog order at McDonald's?
French flies and Diet Croak.
10. Why did the girl throw a stick of butter out the window?
To see butter-fly.
11. Did you hear about the two guys who stole a calendar?
They both got 6 months.
12. Why didn’t the teddy bear eat dessert?
Because she was stuffed.
13. How do you make a tissue dance?
Put a little boogie in it.
14. How did Darth Vader know what Luke Skywalker got him for his birthday?
He felt his presents.
15. What does a vampire take for a sore throat?
Crack 'em up with silly jokes for kids—the perfect all-ages dinner activity.
16. What’s green, has six legs, and if it drops out of a tree onto you will kill you?
A pool table.
17. What do you call cheese that doesn't belong to you?
18. Why did the boy throw a clock out the window?
To see time fly.
19. What's black and white and red all over?
An embarrassed zebra.
20. Why is Cinderella bad at soccer?
Because she runs away from the ball.
21. What did one eye say to the other?
Between us, something smells.
22. What’s faster hot or cold?
Hot, because everyone catches a cold.
23. Why was 6 afraid of 7?
Because 7, 8 (ate), 9.
24. Did you hear about the race between the lettuce and the tomato?
The lettuce was "ahead" but the tomato was trying to "catch up."
25. Is your refrigerator running?
You better go catch it.
26. Why don't scientists trust atoms?
Because they make up everything.
27. What's a pirate's favorite subject in school?
28. Where do cows go for entertainment?
29. Be careful when walking your dog...you might step in a Poo...dle.
30. How do you learn to be a trash collector?
Just pick it up as you go along.
31. What would a bear say if he got confused?
I barely understand.
32. What do bumblebees chew?
33. What does the ocean do when it sees its friends?
34. What’s brown and sticky?
35. What’s red and smells like blue paint?
36. Why did the M&M go to school?
Because it wanted to be a Smartie!
37. What did one plate say to the other plate?
Dinner is on me.
38. How do you make an octopus laugh?
39. How much does it cost a pirate to get his ears pierced?
About a buck an ear.
40. Why are cats good at video games?
Because they have nine lives.