Weekend Fun for Houston Kids: General Sam Houston Folk Festival, Houston Greek Fest, May 18-19
Get ready to dive into the weekend, because there are no shortage of underwater-focused adventures happening around Houston this Saturday and Sunday! Here's a taste of what to expect:
- The Downtown Aquarium is hosting Endangered Species Day to highlight how YOU can help save our endangered friends through a variety of interactive events.
- Jesse H. Jones Park and Nature Center is putting on Fish of Spring Creek, where kids can get up close and personal with local freshwater friends and learn all about them.
- It's Bay Day at the Boardwalk! Head to Kemah for one day of arts and crafts, wildlife presentations, touch tanks, a scavenger hunt, and more.
- Feel like a drive down to the Island? The 11th Annual Galveston Island Beach Revue offers a weekend full of live music, a vintage car and trailer show, the famous "Bathing Beauties Contest," craft beer booths for the adults, and plenty of family fun.
- Plus you can always rent kayaks & RC boats to take out on Kinder Lake.
And just in case the weather takes a turn, we have 35 rainy day activities for the kids so that you aren't stuck inside your house all weekend with nothing to do. You might even stumble upon a hidden gem in Houston you didn't know about when you start tackling the places and things to do on this list!
No matter what you choose to do, one thing is for sure: this weekend is going to be a great one!