Just when the hectic-ness of the holidays are behind you, you'll be staring down a week without school. What to do? So much!
Whether you want to head to a museum, take the kids to tea, or kick off the New Year with a kid-friendly celebration, we’ve got 25 fun things for Westchester families to do over winter break 2018.
Looking for even more activities? Check out our Event Calendar and sign up for our newsletters!
1. See The Prince of Egypt on the big screen as part of Alamo Drafthouse’s Kids Camp, from Monday, December 24 – Monday, December 31. All proceeds from the donation-based showing go to a local charity.
Celebrate with the wolves at the Wolf Conservation Center's Holiday Howl.
2. Give the wolves a turn at opening presents at the Holiday Howl on Wednesday, December 26 at the Wolf Conservation Center, where kids will not only learn more about the animals but also help put together gifts for the wolves and see firsthand how they open them.
3. Take part in the Chocolate Olympics at the Larchmont Public Library on Wednesday, December 26.
5. Middle and high schoolers can make gingerbread houses on Wednesday, December 26.
6. Visit the Westchester Children’s Museum with your preschooler on Wednesday, December 26 to learn more about the habits of animals in the winter as part of the Young Discoverers series, which includes storytime and crafts.
RELATED: Top Indoor Play Spaces for Kids in Westchester
The Paper Bag Players celebrates its 60th anniversary this year with a new show.
4. Enjoy the fun, engaging performance put on by The Paper Bag Players at the Emelin Theater on Wednesday, December 26. It's perfect for the early-elementary school crowd.
7. Check out the School’s Out, Stars Are In program from Wednesday, December 26 – Friday, December 28 at the Hudson River Museum, featuring lots of family-friendly activities.
8. Take a tour of Boscobel and then get creative making various crafts in the appropriately named Bring the Kids: Winter Break! Series on either Wednesday, December 26 or Friday, December 28.
9. Get a little fancy at the Children’s Holiday Tea on Thursday, December 27 at the Mount Gulian Historic Site in Beacon, where kids can enjoy tea, scones—plus do a craft.
10. Check out Westchester’s Winter Wonderland at the Kensico Dam, if you haven’t already, before it closes for the season on Monday, December 31.
11. See the musical Beauty and the Beast at the White Plains Performing Arts Center, which is on until Sunday, January 13
12. Let kids try their hand at using modeling clay with Model Magic on Thursday, December 27.
13. Keep the holidays going at the Holiday Spirit Fest, open on weekends in Wappingers Falls.
RELATED: Hands-On Fun at the Westchester Children's Museum
The Keeler Christmas Light Display will light up your night!
14. Drive through the county and marvel at this year’s awesome holiday light displays. Up for a little road trip? These Lower Hudson Valley displays can’t be missed.
15. Head into the city to check out one of these great train shows.
16, Have kids create their own New Year glasses at the Greenburgh library on Friday, December 28.
17. Get kids’ energy out with Kids’ Zumba with Fusion class on Friday, December 28.
18. Spend the day skiing, snowboarding, or snow tubing at one of these great area ski resorts.
19. Take a road trip and head to Sesame Place for the Very Furry Christmas celebration, which is open every day between Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
RELATED: Best Christmas and Holiday Light Displays in Westchester
Kids can get creative at the Katonah Museum of Art's Schools' Out Art's In program.
20. Let kids make some mixed-media portraits, wristbands, masks, and more at the School’s Out/Art’s In program at the Katonah Museum of Art through Friday, December 28.
21. Head to Legoland at Ridge Hill for the Holiday Bricktacular on Saturday and Sunday, December 29-30, before it wraps for the season.
22. Little ones will love the Puppet Friends Holiday Concert at Lil Chameleon on Saturday, December 29.
23. Get party-ready by making a New Year’s Eve Party Hat on Monday, December 31.
24. Kick off your New Year’s celebrations at the Ring in the New Year at Noon party at the New Roc City atrium in New Rochelle on Monday, December 31.
25. For older tweens and teens, keep the party going until midnight at the White Plains New Year’s Eve Family Spectacular.
This originally posted in 2016 and has been updated for 2018.
All photos courtesy of the venues.