Working your way down our bucket list of 100 things to do before your LA kids grow up? Hopefully you've also been following our other, more local lists of 25 Things to Do With Kids In.... Whether you live in or intend to explore Redondo Beach, Culver City, Marina Del Rey, Burbank, or Hollywood, our lists can keep you and the kids occupied and delighted for days (if you have that long). Next up: Pasadena, a city so bursting with kid and family-friendly activities that we couldn't stop at just 25. Read on for, yes, 30 things to do around Pasadena.
1. Take a stroll through the USC Pacific Asia Museum and drink in the culture and arts of Asia and the Pacific Islands.
2. Slides, and swings, and trains, oh my! Baby Polka Dot has just the indoor play space you may be looking for.
3. Explore the trails, trees, and wildlife at Eaton Canyon Natural Area (the Junior Nature Trail is especially suited for little ones, as is the Nature Center).
4. Whirl and twirl on your skates at the Pasadena Ice Skating Center.
5. Listen to a story or two at one of Vroman's Books regular storytimes.
6. Enroll the kids in a swim or diving class, or in the Anderson Adventure Camp H20, at the Rose Bowl Aquatics Center.
7. Land at Victory Park with your frisbee and picnic for a fun day.
8. Take a children's yoga class at Yoga Kingdom.
9. Walk, run, ride, or stroll around the Rose Bowl on the Rose Bowl Loop.
10. If inclement weather has you stumped for things to do, visit the Magical Playground for indoor playground fun.
11. Cruise the many exhibitions, or take a class at the Armory Center for the Arts.
12. It's ships ahoy, matey, all day every day at Reese's Retreat, a universally accessible playground.
13. Grab some breakfast, lunch, or dinner (or some melt-in-you-mouth caramels) at the Little Flower Candy Co.
14. Delight in the sights and smells of Arlington Garden, Pasadena's only dedicated public garden.
15. Audition for a play or be a theater goer at Theatre 360, the "award winning children's theater."
16. Go bowling at Bowlmor Pasadena.
17. For the slightly older set, try an art class at Art Center for Kids (grades 4-8).
18. Take a tour of the American Arts and Crafts style Gamble House (children 12 and under get in free).
19. Visit the Norton Simon Museum for it offers more than just an array of glorious paintings. Your little ones might also enjoy the museum's Family Days, Family Art Nights, Stories in the Afternoon, and more!
20. Check out a book, settle in to a storytime, or watch a movie at the Pasadena Public Library.
21. Head over to the Kidspace Children's Museum for a day of play and exploration (or a Free Family Night).
22. Devour a cupcake (or four) at Dots Cupcakes.
23. Launch your imaginations into space at the NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab.
24. Stop in to Pie 'n Burger for, well, pie and a burger...and so much more.
25. Take a walking tour of Old Pasadena with Melting Pot Food Tours.
26. Wake up and smell the roses at Wrigley Rose Gardens.
27. Skip over to Carmela's Artisan Creamery for a scoop of small-batch organic dairy ice cream.
28. Go play! CATZ Pasadena will get your kids running, jumping and skipping through their Completely Active Kids program.
29. Fill your bags with fresh and local produce at the Pasadena Certified Farmers' Market.
30. Take in a summer concert at the Levitt Pavilion.
Photo credit: Disney | ABC Television via flickr