Last-Minute Gifts for Dad: Baked Sharpie Father's Day Mugs
This mug is an awesome gift to make for Dad for Father's Day. All you need are some Sharpie markers, a white ceramic mug, (we got ours at the dollar store), a can of acrylic spray finish (optional) and an oven!
You will need:
- Assorted Sharpie markers
- White ceramic mug
- Can of finishing spray such as Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating
1. Make sure your mug is clean and dust free.
2. Design your mug however you want! Try to fill the whole thing up with your design.
3. Bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour.
4. Let cool completely, about a half hour.
5. If you choose, spray with the acrylic spray but avoid the area where lips would touch the cup
When finished, the marker will adhere to the cup permanently! We ran ours under water to test this, the color stayed on well but when we used the back of the scrubbie sponge it came off. We do not recommend vigorous washing and these should not go into the dishwasher. We recommend lightly rinsing with water by hand. If you choose to use the spray, it will prolong the life of your color.
VARIATION: Dad can keep his pens/pencils in this for years to come!
Enjoy! And Happy Father's Day!
Kids' work is to play. WeeWork is a Mommy Poppins series offering an easy daily activity for grown-ups and children to do together, making kids' work an important part of your day. We aim to inspire together time, creativity and fun using only your imagination and things around the house. You can see all our WeeWork activity posts here.