The Holiday Express Daytime Ride
Fillmore & Western Railway invites families to get on board a vintage train for a scenic ride to visit Santa at Prancers Christmas Farm. As a bonus, everyone gets a free Tractor Sleigh Ride at the Farm, and families wanting to get a Christmas tree can check that off the list!
The 30-acre farm is transformed to a winter experience complete with Christmas trees for purchase (train crew transport trees back to Fillmore), sleigh rides, horse rides, a barrel train ride, fire pits, a farm animal center, Christmas lights and music, Santa Claus, and food trucks. Some attractions have an additional charge on-site.
Loose Caboose Garden Center & Gift Shop (next door to Prancer's Farm) offers fresh produce as well as feeding chickens and quail, and a gift shop.
Snacks and beverages (including beer) are available for purchase on train. If purchasing a tree, please bring your own rope to tie the tree to vehicle once back in Fillmore.
All seating is on open air flat cars. COVID-19 procedures are in place for everyone's safety and social distancing is enforced. Face masks are required at all times while in the station, as well as onboard the train.
Train departures are at 9am and 12:45pm.
Email or call 805.524.2546 for more details. Advance reservations are required online or by phone, No walk up sales processed on the day of ride. Note the following COVID safety precautions:
1) Facial coverings are mandatory
2) Please practice 6 feet social distancing
3) Wash hands frequently
4) Seating is spaced to allow social distancing onboard the train.
5) Hand Sanitizing Stations are in place throughout the train.
6) No groups larger than FOUR members will be seated together on train rides. If your group is larger than four members you will be split up to maintain social distancing restrictions on board.
7) Train cars will be thoroughly cleaned before passengers will be seated.
** Please keep your family and others safe by wearing masks and social distancing. If an event appears too crowded, try using the "nearby" search feature on our event calendar to find something else to do.