Dogs can celebrate Labor Day with free evening swims at six Los Angeles County pools.
Small dogs can swim, jump and frolic in participating county pools free of charge from 5-6 p.m. Large dogs are admitted from 6-7 p.m.
To participate, dog owners must present current registration and vaccination documents before their pooches can enter the pools. For safety reasons, dog owners can't swim with their pets, i.e.: NO HUMANS IN THE POOL! (Except the lifeguards; they're okay.)
The event rules and regulations offer more details.
Pre-registration is required. Dog owners should fill out the necessary form, Please bring the completed registration form with you to any of the above-mentioned sites on the day of the event. All required documents must be present, as no exceptions will be made.
The event takes place at the following pool locations:
- City Terrace Park, 1126 N. Hazard Ave., City Terrace;
- Victoria Regional Community Park, 419 Martin Luther King, Jr. St., Carson;
- El Cariso Community Regional Park, 13100 Hubbard St., Sylmar;
- Don Knabe Community Regional Park, 19700 S. Bloomfield Ave., Cerritos;
- Loma Alta Park, 3330 Lincoln Ave., Altadena; and
- Knollwood Country Club, 12040 Balboa Blvd., Granada Hills.
This event is staffed by employees from the Los Angeles County departments of Parks and Recreation and Animal Care and Control.