Investing in a Harbor Country Day School education is an important decision, and an open house is the best way to learn about the many factors that differentiate Harbor from other schools.
Topics to include:
- The advantages offered by an independent, nonprofit school that is governed by a board of dedicated trustees and driven by a clearly defined, purposeful mission.
- How a safe, enriching school environment is provided that focuses on each child’s individual learning style and goes beyond simply “teaching to the test.”
- The importance of challenging each student academically to prepare them for honors classes and advanced placement when they graduate and move on to secondary school.
- The opportunities for students to learn to succeed as both leaders and team members as they grow into the upper grades.
- The way Harbor’s students support and learn from one another and value their differences.
- How eighth grade students enjoy helping and acting as role models for younger students, and share in an environment where it’s “cool to be smart.”