National Park Fee-Free Day
On select dates in 2022, The National Park Service is offering free admission at all national parks, including sites that typically charge an entry fee. Though participating locations are scattered nationwide, there are several such attractions in the Hudson Valley area.
These include the Eleanor Roosevelt National Historic Site, Home of Franklin D. Roosevelt National Historic Site, Martin Van Buren National Historic Site, Sagamore Hill National Historic Site, Saratoga National Historical Park and Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site. Visitation may be impacted by COVID-19, so be sure to check ahead with any site you plan to visit to confirm operation and protocols.
The fee-free days in 2022 are as follows:
- January 17: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- April 16: First Day of National Park Week
- August 4: One-Year Anniversary of the Great American Outdoors Act
- August 25: National Park Service Anniversary
- September 24: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day