For the Birds Opening Day
Anchored by a Garden-wide exhibition of 33 site-specific birdhouses, For the Birds features a gallery exhibition, music, performances, and education programming inspired by the Garden’s resident birds and the threat to their long-term survival.
For the Birds also features an exhibition of works from multidisciplinary artist Taryn Simon’s Birds of the West Indies in the Conservatory Gallery; a Soundbath featuring Alex Somers; weekly birding tours; horticulture displays connected to the theme of birds and plants; programs for kids and families; and listening areas to hear tracks from The Birdsong Project.
Opening day activities include:
- Live birds of prey workshop in the Water Garden
- Meet the artists with their birdhouses around the Garden
- Participatory music and dance parade inspired by birds in partnership with Metropolis Ensemble
- Bird puppet workshops for kids in the Discovery Garden
- Mortal Beasts & Deities bird stilt walkers
- Processional Arts Workshop bird puppets
- Warby Parker Birdoculars giveaway to visitors (while supplies last) age 14 and over