Family Art Project: Birds in Flight
Design a movable, raptor puppet or windsock resembling the migrating hawks, geese and others circling and gliding above the Hudson River. Then join a procession of bird puppets in flight, leading up to an outdoor group-soar.
- Family Art Project happens outdoors. Be sure to dress appropriately for the weather and to work with natural materials.
- Shine only. Check the website the morning of for the status of the day’s program.
- Please have your masks on when you arrive, and be prepared to respect physical distancing throughout your stay.
- The location is the Conifer Slope, just to the right of Wave Hill House. Please enter from the roadway that runs along the front of Wave Hill House and to the lawn leading down to the Conifer Slope. Staff will greet you there!
- The number of families able to participate at any given time will be limited to about five. If you arrive and capacity is full, program staff will provide a “come back” card so you will have first entry for the next session.
- Throughout the program, staff will follow strict cleaning and physical distancing protocols to be sure that all materials and surfaces are safe for you to use.
- Most important: Please come prepared to relax and connect fully with the beauty and serenity of Wave Hill in spring! The Conifer Slope is on a grassy hill. If getting there will be difficult for you or any family member, please contact Mallory Muya, the Arts Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember you must have registered online to visit Wave Hill that day in order to participate in the Family Art Project—the number of visitors that can be accommodated continues to follow New York State and New York City guidelines. Admission is FREE on Saturday from 10am-noon.