The Cayton Children's Museum Opening
Get ready to play: the Cayton Children's Museum opens in its new home at Santa Monica Place Mall, offering hands-on play exhibits and cultural programs for children and families.
Highlights at the new location include
- The Courage Climber, an expansive rope walk for children of various sizes and abilities. Children can climb through the structure to view the museum from above through “perspective windows.”
- A veterinary clinic equipped with iPads that can be used for taking X-rays
- A community market with scanners at checkout
- A faux cafe with a menu that includes vegan tacos, avocado toast, matzo ball soup and more.
- An art room with vegan paint, sponges, brushes and balls where children can create their own masterpiece.
In addition to the installations, Cayton is offering a full calendar of classes and performances of visual, musical and performing art, as well as cultural immersion programs.
The Cayton is open 7 days a week. Hours are 10am - 7pm Monday through Saturday, 12 noon - 7pm on Sundays.
Guests are advised to reserve tickets online through the website before visiting the museum.