Exhibit: Thomas & Friends Explore the Rails! at LICM
Climb aboard as the world’s most beloved #1 blue engine rolls into Garden City as the newest exhibit at the Long Island Children's Museum.
Step onto the Island of Sodor where visitors can climb aboard a large model of Thomas the Tank Engine, race trains along a giant track, work together to sort and load cargo and maintain engines.
Children engage in a variety of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) challenges from a simple sorting and shape identification to more complex engineering obstacles. As they take on STEM challenges and test their abilities, the smiling faces of Thomas, Percy, Victor and others are there to offer encouragement and remind children how “really useful” they all are.
- Develop foundational skills that foster STEM literacy through playful learning experiences.
- Hop inside Thomas’ cab and explore his inner workings, twisting knobs and lifting levers to see which noises you can trigger.
- Explore favorite Island of Sodor destinations including: Tidmouth Sheds, Brendam Docks and the Sodor Search & Rescue Station
- Investigate and repair Percy’s wheel problem by figuring which rods, wheels and bolts will do the trick.
- Help Thomas and his friends solve a variety of challenges, from simple sorting and shape identification to more complex engineering obstacles
In residence through May 10. NOTE: The Museum is closed on Mondays.