The Lyman Allyn is pleased to bring back Free First Saturday and Science Saturday in September as in-person programs! Out of an abundance of caution, the studio activities will have a limited capacity with pre-registration strongly encouraged.
Families may register for a 30-minute time slot, at either 11:00 am, 11:30, 12:00 pm, or 12:30 pm. Free First Saturday general admission and artmaking is complimentary. Science Saturday artmaking is free with museum admission. Walk-ins are welcome as capacity allows.
Register for October programs here.
- September 18: Parts of a Flower
- We may be entering the fall months, but there is still plenty of time to learn about how flowers and plants grow. By planting your own mystery seeds, you will be able to track the growth and observe how sunlight, water and even attention effect growth
- October 16: Leaf Rubbing
- Learn about the basic structure of a leaf while creating art using a variety of different paper and coloring utensils.
- November 20: Splat! Gravity Painting
- Learn about gravity while creating your own abstract painting by dropping various objects from different heights to create an unpredictable creation!
- December 18: Toothpick Structures
- Engineering for kids can be fun! This project encourages participants to map out their plan first and then see how their architectural drawing translates when working with toothpicks and clay.