Superpowered Metropolis: Opening Weekend and Break Week
Superpowered Metropolis: An Early Learning City is a hands-on, interactive, and colorfully, immersive exhibition where kids are the heroes! Step into a playful, comic book version of New York City where a lively team of pigeons, Zip, Zap, and Zoom, serve as your guides to fun and learning.
Gear up with Zip, Zap, and Zoom
Create, tinker and ideate your own super powered gadgets and gear!
Saturday – Sunday, February 15 – 23 | 2 - 5 pm | 1st Floor | Drop-in
Secret Pigeon Missions
The Z-Team™ and CMOM’s field agents are ready to plan city adventures.
Saturday – Sunday, February 15 – 23 | 3:30 - 4 pm | Lower Level | Drop-in
Puerto Rican Superheroine La Borinqueña!
Meet graphic novelist Edgardo Miranda-Rodriguez, creator of La Borinqueña, and learn what it takes to develop a comic book superhero.
Sunday, February 16 | 2 & 3 pm | Ages 5 & older | Sign-up*
Wonder Sparks Puppet Theater
Wonder Sparks Puppet Theater presents The Lion and the Mouse and other stories.
Monday, February 17 | 2 & 3 pm | All Ages | Drop-in
Drag Queen Story Hour—Harmonica Sunbeam
Meet celebrated queen Harmonica Sunbeam at Drag Queen Story Hour!
Wednesday, February 19 | 2 & 3 pm | All Ages | Drop-in
Superhero Colorist Jose Lopez
Meet Jose Lopez, a comic book colorist responsible for working with characters like Batman, Storm, Wolverine, and Spider-Man.
Thursday, February 20 | 2 & 3 pm | Ages 5 & older | Sign-up*
Meet the Author: John Sazaklis
John Sazaklis is a New York Times bestselling author of over 100 children's books! He's illustrated Spider-Man books, created toys for MAD magazine, and written for the animated series BEN 10.
Sunday, February 23 | 2 & 3 pm | ages 5 & older | Sign-up*
Spoons Across America: Farm to Book
Smell, taste, and talk about new and unfamiliar foods as you become super adventurous food explorers.
Saturday, February 22 | 2 & 3 pm | Ages 5 & older | Sign-up*
- Climb to the top of a magical Two-story Treehouse Climber equipped with a map, telescope, periscope, and slide. Plan your adventures in this superhero headquarters!
- Navigate colorful tunnels, tracks, and waterways at the multi-level Supercharged NYC Train Table.
- Step in to create your own city sounds with one-of-a-kind instruments in the Musical Subway Car.
- Chase the floating scarves and changing seasonal items at the Whimsical Wind Blowing Fountain.
- Get a call from Zip, Zap, and Zoom in the Superhero Phone Booth, then grab your cape and head out on a Metropolis mission!
- Challenge your mind and body on a life-sized City Streets Game Board where patterns invite skipping, hopping, spinning and more.
- Enter Baby Grand Central, a specially designed area for early crawlers. A mini learning hub with climb-on trains, a starry sky, and sensory stations.
- Test your superpower brain skills with digital Brain Play Games designed by NYU’s Institute for Games and Learning
- Experience the sounds and smells of the city as you pretend to drive through the boroughs in the Pigeon Mobile.