Explore Green-Wood: Scavenger Hunts for Families
With playgrounds closed and parks crowded, Green-Wood cemetery is a good option for a family walk. Take in spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline from Battle Hill, visit the elaborate monument of Charlotte Canda, and pay your respects to the great maestro Leonard Bernstein.
Main Entrance (Fifth Avenue and 25th Street) will be open daily from 7am to 7pm.
Sunset Park Entrance (Fourth Avenue and 35th Street) will be open daily from 8am to 7pm.
Fort Hamilton Parkway Entrance (Fort Hamilton Parkway and Micieli Place) and Prospect Park West Entrance (Prospect Park West and 20th Street) will each be open from 11am to 7pm Monday through Friday (pedestrian gate only) and 8am to 7pm on Saturday and Sunday (pedestrian gate only from 4pm to 7pm).
Know before you go:
– No bicycles, scooters, rollerblades, or the like are allowed. Bicycle racks are available at all entrances.
– Balls, frisbees, kites, and similar toys are not permitted.
– No running, jogging, or other exercise aside from walking.
– No shouting. No picnicking.
– Pedestrians should be aware of passing cars and keep to the side of the road wherever possible.