Dumbo Tree Lighting
The Dumbo Improvement District hosts its 16th annual Dumbo Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony, with all the trimmings.
- TREE LIGHTING at 5:30pm, in the Archway
- Performances by Brooklyn-based steel drum band Jah Pan playing Calypso music; Christmas covers by Curtis J. Social and the Dumbo house band; and performances by students from PS307 and Dock Street School
- Meeting Santa Claus in a magical setting created by West Elm, plus a photobooth from Self Portrait Project
- Animated video projections on the Manhattan Bridge that reinvent the holiday tree for the digital age
- Hot cocoa and sweet treats provided by Dumbo bakeries Celestine, Dawn’s Til Dusk, Ivy Stark, Jacques Torres and Starbucks
Attendees can bring an unwrapped toy for a child, ages infant to 14, to the toy drive, which will be given to the 84th Precinct’s Operation Sleigh Ride. Families can also donate used coats in good condition that will be given to the 84th Precinct and New York Cares Coat Drive and bring non-perishable food items that will be donated to the Vinegar Hill Pantry Food Drive.
Letters to Santa can also be dropped off at a special mailbox in the Pearl Street Triangle. Those who have a wishlist that can be sourced in Dumbo may be the recipient of $100 Dumbo Dollars to spend in the neighborhood as an early holiday gift.