Your mission: to boldly go to the new Star Trek exhibition at the Skirball. Make it so!
More than fifty years after the debut of a moderately rated show called Star Trek, its stories continue to echo worldwide. Its famous opening line, “To boldly go where no one has gone before,” captures the spirit of this iconic series: the dare to strive for a better world.
This fully immersive exhibition showcases Star Trek’s significant impact on culture, art, and technology through more than 100 rare artifacts, set pieces, and props, plus state-of-the art photo and video interactives.
- Set pieces from Star Trek: The Original Series, including Captain Kirk’s command chair and the navigation console.
- More than 100 artifacts and props from the various Star Trek TV series and films, including an original series tricorder, communicator, and phaser; a Borg cube from the film Star Trek: First Contact; a Klingon disruptor pistol from Star Trek: The Next Generation; and tribbles from Star Trek: The Original Series.
- Spock’s tunic worn by Leonard Nimoy; Lt. Uhura’s dress worn by Nichelle Nichols; Khan garments past and present, including the open-chest tunic worn by Ricardo Montalban and the costume worn by Benedict Cumberbatch in the 2013 reboot; Captain Picard’s uniform worn by Patrick Stewart; plus, a Borg costume, the alien Gorn, and more.
- Original scripts, concept art, storyboards, and production drawings.
- Spaceship filming models of the U.S.S.Enterprise, U.S.S. Excelsior, U.S.S. Phoenix, and Deep Space Nine space station.
Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds runs from October 7, 2021 through February 20, 2022.
Advance timed-entry reservations required, including on FREE Thursdays; no walk-ups accommodated.