EverWild is a 501(c)-3 nonprofit committed to engaging and mentoring children and families in developing a meaningful connection to the Earth. EverWild offers classes during the forest school year (September-May) and summer camps (June-August). EverWild’s nature immersion programming provides meaningful outdoor experiences and deep a nature connection for children and communities in the greater Los Angeles area. EverWild also partners with online charter schools to further support the homeschool community. Classes and camps are offered in Santa Clarita Valley, Topanga/Palisades, Thousand Oaks, Pasadena/Glendale, and Culver-West areas. Visit the online registration page to view the schedule, location details, and to enroll now.
EverWild's nature immersion program encompasses forest-school and place-based learning philosophies. Children spend 100% of their day outdoors immersed in the local environment and alongside nature-based mentors. Children are guided by nature as they play, explore, discover, and create. EverWild mentors support deep learning through project-based learning. Mentors develop projects based on children's interests, naturally occurring events in nature, environmental stewardship skills, and Next Generation Science Standards. EverWild enhances children's social and emotional development, 21st-century skills, and ecological literacy.
At EverWild, your child will:
- Deepen their relationship with the land through hands-on explorations and adventures.
- Practice wilderness survival and ancestral skills.
- Track wildlife and expand their understanding of the trail systems used by people and our neighbors.
- Experience tide pooling and identify tiny marine marvels.
- Cool off by the ocean and local creeks.
- Get to know local plant friends by name and their incredible uses.
- Join others in imaginative play and nature based games.
- Create memories that will last a lifetime!
The camp is actively raising funds and providing opportunities for all children with authentic outdoor experiences, equitable access to the outdoors, and qualified mentorship in nature. Enrolling your child in EverWild's summer camp provides children from low-income households with scholarships to attend the program during the forest school year. Visit the website to contribute to the fundraiser today.