Brooklyn Bridge Park's Harvest Festival
Celebrate the fall season at the 12th annual Harvest Festival in Brooklyn Bridge Park. A fun procession kicks off the event, which includes arts and crafts, storytelling, lawn games, and more—plus BBP's signature pumpkin patch.
Music includes Hudson Horns kicking off the festival with New Orleans' style at 11am on Bridge Park Drive and Pier 6, leading the way with live music to the Mainstage at Pier 6 Plaza. At 12pm, members of Brooklyn Contra lead a performance and contra-style (swing + square) dance class for all! For the finale at 2pm, DJ Likwuid MCs an all-ages dance party.
The Story Lawn features free readings from the Brooklyn Public Library at 11am and Drag Queen Story Hour at 12pm. Brooklyn Book Bodega is on site throughout the entire festival with free books and blankets to borrow.
Dennis Kim (a.k.a. The Close-Up Artist), mystifies visitors with his close-up magic, and circus artist Brianna Kalisch provides a towering spectacle atop her stilts!
Between 11am and 2pm, activity stations include:
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy Education Center’s touch tank with live animals
- North American Indigenous Center of New York, where you can plant a seed and learn about the storied history of the region
- Private Picassos’ gratitude tree, where you can decorate a leaf and help fill out the tree!
- Puppeteer and artist Sarah Scholl’s puppet-creation station
- Park Slope Parents’s large bubbles and body art
- Brooklyn Children’s Museum live animal experience
- YMCA lawn games and short sports games!
…and last, but not least, the quintessential pumpkin decoration station is open while supplies last! (To accommodate as many as possible, families should please limit themselves to one pumpkin per child).