Pitch in for Parks
The week of Earth Day, volunteer to spruce up parks throughout Westchester County for the season. Tasks include planting, painting, raking, removing invasive vines, and more. Multiple locations are participating; choose your preferred site and project.
The schedule is as follows:
- Monday, April 19 – Pitch in For Parks Kick Off, Lenoir Preserve, Yonkers
- Tuesday, April 20 – Edith Read Wildlife Sanctuary, Rye
- Wednesday, April 21 – Willson’s Woods Park, Mt. Vernon
- Thursday, April 22 – Earth Day Celebration with local businesses
- Friday, April 23 – Cranberry Lake Preserve, North White Plains
- Saturday, April 24 – Blue Mountain Reservation, Peekskill; Kensico Dam, Valhalla; Tibbetts Brook Park, Yonkers; and Bronx River Reservation at the Westchester County Center
Dress for mess, and wear closed-toed shoes. Masks and social distancing required.
Rain or shine. FREE
Editor's note: While we are trying to promote safer activities that occur outdoors or with social distancing guidelines in place, please keep your family and others safe by always wearing a mask and practicing social distancing. If you arrive at an event that appears too crowded, try using the “nearby” search feature on our Event Calendar to find something else to do.