92Y Street Festival 2019
92Y’s annual Street Festival takes over Lexington Ave. from 79th-94th streets.
- The New York Knicks’ 7th Ave Squad is on hand with a team prize wheel, giveaways and basketball pointers at the pop-a-shot machine. And a New York Knicks-branded Kia car is on display in an open play space.
- Performances at the main stage (at 90th Street and Lexington Avenue), include the casts from the Broadway productions of Beetlejuice, Chicago, Mean Girls, Tootsie, and Waitress.
- Music and dance at the main stage from 92Y School of Music and Harkness Dance faculty, including the NY Blues Hall of Famer Chris Bergson and the Chris Bergson Band; the Melissa Stylianou Trio interpreting standards; traditional hula dance with Pua Ali’i ‘Ilima Niuoka; the percussive performers Soles of Duende; and selections from 92Y’s Theater for Young Audiences productions for children.
- Free activities and giveaways for Kids and Families throughout the day include a Ninja Warrior obstacle course (for ages 5-12); gymnastics demos (92Y Gymstars gymnastics team exhibition); a tiny tumbler obstacle course (for ages 2-5); STEAM activities for kids and beading - courtesy of 92Y Camps).
- Youth and Teen highlights include the 92Y Junior Dribblers, Super Soccer Stars Skills, Youth Skills Challenge (long jump, vertical jump, ladder), Parkour Coaches Demonstrations and more.
- 92Y’s Bronfman Center for Jewish Life is handing out apples and honey, holiday crafts for kids, and games.
- At Lexington Avenue between 90th and 91st streets you’ll find International Way booths representing Poland, Germany, and China. where festival-goers can sample delicacies and discover handicrafts from around the globe.
- Discounts on 92Y Camp and May Center for Health and Fitness, plus raffle prizes for 92Y credits.