The Shoe Tying Made Simple method is a simple, fun, and engaging way to find success learning this important life skill. The course is taught by a pediatric occupational therapist; enrollment includes a special instructional sneaker shipped to your home, digital handouts, and a one-hour virtual training session.
This is a virtual course designed to be easy and fun for parents, as well as therapists and instructors.
Considered a top shoe-tying instructional method, this innovative course combats the biggest obstacles when it comes to teaching this simple life skill. And this includes:
- Lace length problems (one being that the laces are too short for teaching purposes)
- Wrong texture/flimsy lace management (laces won’t hold still while making the initial loop)
- Lace confusion because there is no discrimination in color that coordinates with the steps in the process
- Teaching board is over-sized on purpose so there is larger than life manipulative that doesn’t move around. This tool grabs the learner’s attention
- Task analyzed support which incorporates scaffolding, forward and backward chaining
The method uses patented bi-colored laces which half the length is a lighter color and the other half a darker color in a 50-50 blend example (pink/white) and an 18-inch “over-sized” big teaching shoe. You will encounter plenty of fun, play based hands-on activities will surely keep the learner engaged.
Here is a glimpse of what you will encounter during this class:
- Research-based instructional strategies
- Learn how to assess a child’s developmental readiness when learning this life skill
- Know how to use the twelve foundational performance skills required in shoe tying
- Learn how to incorporate strategies to support a child’s learning journey when obstacles arise
- Engage in preparatory exercises and a hand dominance screener
- Learn how to incorporate the “Tie My Shoe” song and Rhyming verse
- Learn what makes our bicolored teaching laces unique and why they contribute greatly to success
You will learn how to “mark the laces” and when to introduce the “Tie My Shoe” song or rhyming verse. You will learn why the bicolored teaching shoelaces are so special and why they greatly contribute to the success of the learner.
Additoinal Information: Class registration comes with a "Shoe Tying Made Simple" instructional teaching sneaker. Please register at least two weeks prior to the class to ensure delivery before the workshop. Can not deliver to PO box or outside of US and Canada.