Commonwealth Learning Center
Commonwealth Learning Center is an independent nonprofit organization that provides 1-to-1 tutoring and educational evaluation services to students in grades K-12. It specializes in working with individuals who learn differently, including those with dyslexia, ADHD, and executive functioning challenges.
Instructors create a customized plan to meet the specific needs of each student and continually adjust their teaching style to suit the learner. Programs offered include (but are not limited to):
- Reading (Orton-Gillingham, Wilson Reading System, Project Read Reading Comprehension, Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing Programming, Nancibell Visualizing & Verbalizing)
- Writing (Project Read Written Expression)
- Math (Multisensory Math, The Landmark Method for Teaching Arithmetic)
- Study Skills and Academic Support
- Test Preparation (SAT, ACT, SSAT, ISEE, MCAS, GED)
Services are offered both in-person and virtually. Flexible daytime and evening scheduling is available, as is financial aid for those who qualify.