STEAM Camp at the Cathedral School
STEAM Camp at the Cathedral School of St. John the Divine welcomes rising kindergarten to grade-6 students. Campers are immersed in hands-on projects focused on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math. STEAM Camp sparks creativity, inspires collaboration, and promotes critical thinking and perseverance through maker-centered learning.
Camp is structured in two-week sessions, each capturing one overarching theme. Campers visit the Innovation Lab daily, where they are encouraged to explore their curiosities through designing, prototyping, and testing new ideas. They are challenged to expand their imaginations and take risks under the guidance of a senior classroom teacher and Cathedral alumni counselors.
Campers also participate in various outdoor activities, including the very popular Aqua Zone, led by the school's ahletic department on its 13-acre campus. From coding robots to summertime maker fairs, campers’ days are filled with fun!
- Week 1: Living Green with STEAM: Urban Sustainability Through Science
- Week 2: The Power of H20: Water, Water Everywhere
- Week 3: Circuit Circus: Coding, Circuitry, and the Power of Computers
- Week 4: Beyond R2D2: STEAM-powered Robolution!
- Week 5: Block-by-Block: Build, Test, and Create
- Week 6: STEAM Music: Digital Design and Music Production
Sign up for one or all three camp sessions. For more information, contact Camp Director Jamie Solis at email@example.com or call 646-425-1648.