Powers Music School
Powers Music School staff, faculty, and community believe that everyone deserves to experience the joy of music and that it is essential to one's life. Plus, everyone learns differently. With a range of programs to choose from; guidance from friendly, trained instructors; and a customized approach to learning based on your unique challenges, talents, and skills, Powers students can reach any goal.
Here are some of the ways that Powers can help your child or family achieve a lasting love of music or a specific musical goal:
- Early childhood classes (onsite and online) such as Music Pups (ages newborn-4), Dalcroze Eurhythmics (ages 2-5), or Piano Powers (ages 5-6) give your little ones the perfect foundation to enjoy music and learn basic music skills to help them progress to then next level. Classes are fun and also backed by educational principles and caring instructors.
- Suzuki program (ages 3 1/2 and up) is a truly supportive, immersive environment for children to learn cello, violin, viola, or guitar through a combination of private and group instruction. With you, the teacher, and your child working together equally every week with support from other Suzuki families, your son or daughter soaks up every lesson and learns to make music an important part of his or her life.
- Private lessons (ages 6 and up) are offered in more than 30 instruments and voice. Instruction is tailored to each student's specific interests, goals, and challenges.
- Ensembles and Orchestra for ages 9 and up include the Powers Youth Orchestra string, advanced string, and chamber groups.
Summer day programs at Powers:
- Kids ages 5-10 interested in music, singing, and instruments start in the popular Kids Crescendo program.
- String and plucked string players love improvising at String Traditions.
- Suzuki violin students will have fun continuing their studies with their friends at Suzuki on the Hill.
- Intermediate and advanced students can build their solo and ensemble skills even further at Music on the Hill or Piano Pairs.