It may not feel like it yet but spring is right around the corner, and the activities happening this weekend will have families feeling green. Kids can practice their gardening skills by creating their own terrariums in a horticulturist-led workshop. The Cape Ann Museum is celebrating art and art-making with bird-themed tours and activities, while Rocky Woods is hosting an owl prowl. If science is their thing, they can learn about alternative energy and other cool technologies at the Boston STEM fair in Watertown.
Speaking of green, families can get in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day at an interactive performance about a young girl's journey to America from Ireland, a demonstration with a fiddler and step dancers, and an Irish ceili.
Also on Mommy Poppins this week:
- Paw Patrol Live is coming to town! And we've got a review (and giveaway!).
- So many chances to get your (maple) sugar fix this season.
- Think ahead to summer at these camp open houses.
- Purim celebrations are still happening throughout the great Boston area and here's where to find them.
- Yes, it's possible! Bring the kids to Boston's brand new Eataly, where they'll be sure to try something new (and delicious).
Need more family fun ideas? Check out our full events calendar.