The Academy at MoCA Westport offers something for kids of every age. Classes are now open for registration, including:
- Mini MoCA Learning Lab & Art Adventure: Blends emerging literacy and math skills with artistic adventures. Children in grades pre-K to K enjoy 2 hours at MoCA Westport with certified instructors engaged in creative pursuits. This is a drop-off class.
- After School Homework Help & Art Exploration: Students in grades 1-4 will work with certified instructors after school to complete homework with mastery and move on to varied artistic pursuits throughout the semester. This is a drop-off class.
- Mommy and Me Mondays: Enjoy one hour every week with your littlest. Meet other moms while offering your baby their first developmentally appropriate sensory art experiences. This class is offered to parents/caregivers and their child(ren) ages 3-18 months.
- Toddler Thursdays: Introducing young children to art as creators and observers opens the door to self-expression and creativity. The act of producing art assists toddlers in developing fine motor skills. Holding a paintbrush so that it will make the desired marks, snipping paper with scissors into definite shapes, drawing with a crayon, or squeezing glue from a bottle in a controlled manner all help develop a child’s fine motor skills. Toddlers and parents spend time with a certified art instructor every Thursday in this class.
- Fall Saturdays Kids' Art Workshop: Drop off a little artist for a creative journey on Saturdays. This class is for grades K-3.
- STEM in the Garden: There is an art to the science of the garden, and students in this class will explore it all. Each week, the class will dig deep into that science with hands-on experiments that are suitable for students in grades 1-4 outside in the outside Academy garden space (weather permitting). While enjoying the fresh fall air, children will create art and learn about the science of gardening.
Inquire about having an artsy kids' birthday party at MoCA Westport or a private art lesson with one of MoCA's ceritfied art instructors!