Celebrating 35 Years of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Paley Center celebrates 35 Years of TMNT in a big way, with a special giveaway for the first 100 children on line on opening day (starting at 12n), and a meet and greet with the Turtles from 1pm to 4pm.
The Journey through the Turtleverse begins with a dynamic art piece showcasing the comic-book origins of the half-shell heroes. Turn around for a “shellfie” with a Turtles standee, then take in the installation of iconic posters and products. Sewer surf through a visual timeline of the evolution of the Turtles from the very first comics to the current series, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Gear up with a Turtles mask to play TMNT apps, sit back for shell-shocked screenings, express your inner Turtle with craft activities, and get in on some gnarly giveaways!
The screenings include:
- May 18 & 19: TMNT Origins—Taking it back to where Turtle Power all started! Visitors can re-watch the pilot episodes across three different TMNT iterations and get the inside scoop on how each series was developed.
- May 25 & 26: Heroes will Rise!—Featuring some of the Turtles’ most trusted allies; everyday heroes just helping to save the city one day at a time!
- June 1 & 2: Mutant Mayhem—From evil aliens originating from Dimension X, to insect-like creatures used to mutate humans and animals, it’s total mutant madness this weekend!
- June 8 & 9: Shred This!—Get ready to take in (and take down!) the Turtles’ ultimate archenemy: The Shredder!
- June 15 & 16: Turtle Power—Stealth mode. Power up mode. Beast mode. Relive some of the Turtles’ biggest and baddest battles!
- June 21 & 22: Sensei Splinter—Hajime! Let the Sensei Splinter screenings begin!
- June 29 & 30: Villains Unite!—A warthog, a rhino, a hypnotic hippo, Baron Draxum, and more, this weekend is all about the Turtles’ most formidable foes.
- July 6 & 7: Out of the Sewers—The Turtles emerge out of the sewers and set out to new locations for new adventures!
- July 13 & 14: Turtles <3 Pizza—Did somebody say, Pizza?! Nobody loves pizza more than the Half-Shell Heroes, and here’s a weekend of footage to prove it!
Wednesdays to Sundays, noon to 6pm; Thursdays until 8pm (closed Mondays and Tuesdays)