The Boston area is lighting up this weekend with the first night of Hanukkah on Sunday! We've found plenty of ways for families to celebrate, including taking a tumble, attending a musical service or waiting for a gelt drop. Families can also check out a special Hanukkah art project at locations around Boston throughout the holiday.
Tons of other festive activities abound this weekend as well. Young train fans have their pick of the Bay State Model Railroad Museum Open House or one of the many Polar Express trains in the area. Speaking of your pick of activities, the month of December boasts some of the best choices of shows and concerts all year. I'm looking forward to seeing Velveteen Rabbit with my kids, and Tara says Boston Ballet's production of The Nutcracker is dazzling. There's also a free winter concert (pictured) this weekend to help usher in the season.
Also on Mommy Poppins Boston this week:
- Find out if the new, long-awaited Lynch Family Skatepark is for kids.
- We know parents' wallets take lots of hits this time of year. That's why we've rounded up 20 free holiday activities.
- Time to find those ice skates: Boston's outdoor ice skating rinks are opening for the season.
- The December GoList is jam-packed with great ideas for this festive month.
- See some of our favorite holiday light displays in and near the city.
- If you're looking for Santa this month, look no further!
- Thinking about taking the kids to see The Good Dinosaur? Read our parent review first.
Enjoy your weekend and don't forget to check out the full Event Calendar!