This might be the weekend for summer festivals in Boston, with offerings celebrating everything from beloved family-friendly television station WGBH (pictured) to the arts. There's even a chance to get in on the fun by volunteering at a puppet pageant as part of the Outside the Box festival. Other tempting opportunities for outdoor fun include events on Peddocks Island and in the brand new, fully accessible Discovery Woods.
If the weather stays nice enough, a free outdoor showing of Monsters, Inc. a free family walk, or the chance to touch a truck offer some low-key summer fun. And if all of that isn't enough, a spoonful of sugar can certainly go a long way!
Also on Mommy Poppins Boston this week:
- Got a hankering for a road trip? Niagara Falls is a great destination for any family's bucket list.
- Tara shares all the deets on 8 outdoor water parks near Boston for families.
- If the kids are begging to play Pokemon Go, make sure to read Anna's tips first.
- For anyone who prefers an out-of-town museum, these kid-friendly choices fit the bill.
- If you're thinking of a city vacation, don't forget Philadelphia.
Enjoy your weekend and don't forget to check out the full Event Calendar!