It might be hard to believe, but the first weekend of December is already upon us! Holiday offerings filling up the calendar include the Festival of Trees in Wellesley, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and a Polar Express story hour in Boston, and a Menorah Workshop in Watertown. It's also an excellent chance to visit the Bay State Model Railroad Museum in Roslindale, which only opens its doors to the public twice a year.
In performances this weekend, families can catch King Midas at the Puppet Showplace Theatre in Brookline or The Velveteen Rabbit in Beverly. Karen K and the Jitterbugs shake things up at a family concert in Brookline, and of course, there's still plenty of time to see one of the local Nutcracker performances.
Also on Mommy Poppins this week:
- Use our December GO List to help you plan must-do activities for this busy time of year.
- We share where to catch Santa Claus, everyone's favorite jolly old elf.
- Our roundup of Hanukkah celebrations has tons of great activities for families to celebrate the Holiday of Lights.
- Perhaps best of all, you can narrow down the best budget-friendly, festive options with our list of free holiday activities.
- Young kids will love the Easy Story Stones activity in our Wee Work Craft.
Enjoy your weekend and don't forget to check out the full events events calendar!