A day of free yoga classes takes over Times Square to celebrate the longest day of the year and beginning of the summer season. Colin Lieu, a youth yoga and mindfulness coach who works with young people to help them fulfill their potential in some of New York City's most under-served communities, is teaching a youth-friendly class from 3:30pm – 4:30pm. This is a great opportunity for parents and children to try out the class together!
Situated at the intersection of Broadway and 7th Avenue between 42nd & 47th Streets, the yoga sessions include:
- 7:30am-8:30am: instructed by Douglass Stewart (YogaWorks, Ishta)
- 9:30am-10:30am: instructed by Jodie Ruffy (YogaWorks)
- 11:30am-12:30pm: #AerieREAL Empowered Flow with Catherine Gignac
- 1:30pm-2:30pm: Donna Rubin, Jen Lobo & Friends (bodē nyc)
- 3:30pm-4:30pm: instructed by Colin Lieu (Youth Mindfulness Instructor – NYC Schools)
- 5:30pm-6:30pm: instructed by Amy Pearce-Hayden (Yoga International)
- 7:30pm-8:45pm: instructed by Swami Paramananda (Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers)
Register in advance to secure a spot in a class.
Children must be 10 or older, and children under 18 need a signed waiver from a parent in order to participate.