POSTPONED Brooklyn Botanic Garden @ Home Presents Spring Fling
Please note: this event has been postponed.
"Our hearts ache from the ongoing violence and police brutality toward the Black community, including those who have been harmed while protesting in the neighborhoods surrounding BBG.
As protests continue in Minneapolis, Brooklyn, and cities across the world, Brooklyn Botanic Garden stands with those calling for justice and change.
In deference to the moment we have postponed Spring Fling, which had been planned for June 2. A new date will be announced when the event is rescheduled."
Brooklyn Botanic Garden invites families to "green" their mind body and spirit with Spring Fling, a full day of online wellness, workshops, and special performances. A virtual dance party follows in the evening.
- Yoga & wellness in the Garden with Sarah Schumann
- Children’s Program Series—Trees & Saplings (ages 2–6)
- Nature Crafts: Bow & Arrow, Basket Weaving, and Floral Crowns
- Horticultural Therapy at BBG
- BBG virtual tours: Japanese Hill-and-Pond Garden Walk & Cherry Esplanade Walk
- Kitchen Gardening: Planting Seeds
- Botany with Pantry Plants
- Growing and Eating Microgreens
- Performances in the Garden featuring Darrell Thorne, Craig Harris, Frank London & Lorin Sklamberg, Emeline Michel, and Haleh Liza & Matt Kilmer
All Spring Fling programming is free and open to the public.
9am - 4pm Eastern
8am - 3pm Central
6am - 1pm Eastern
Garden Soiree & Dance with Your Plants After Party
7:30pm - 10pm Eastern
6:30pm - 9pm Central
4:30pm - 7pm Pacific