Check out the exhibit Waterfront and stay for “Changing Perspectives on the Waterfront,” a mix and match activity where children learn more about life on Brooklyn’s waterfront at different points in history and create their own new exhibition using a selection of images from BHS’s collection and contemporary images of Brooklyn.
Following the activity, stick around to enjoy the many family-friendly parts of Waterfront with children as young as one-year old to:
- Dress up like the women welders of the Brooklyn Navy Yard in WWII.
- Touch and smell goods, like cochineal bugs and coffee beans, which passed through Empire Stores when it was a busy warehouse.
- Use our Brooklyn waterfront magnet board to design your own city.
- Film videos of yourself traveling back in time.
- Color a Brooklyn waterfront themed postcard to mail to family & friends.