THE R CHILD
The Renaissance Child is your neighborhood’s superpower STEAM Center, committed to helping parents uncover their kids’ passion for STEAM. The Renaissance Child takes an innovative approach to education, introducing STEAM at an early age and following the Reggio Emilia approach that believes that children are resourceful social beings, with rights and agency, that should be given fair opportunities to develop their full potential.
The Renaissance Child offers a variety of different activities for kids ages 3 months through 14 years including Discovery Play Center, an educational and open play space that offers a novel approach to your child’s playtime, Learning center which includes a Montessori-based Early Learning Studio for younger students and a Robotics Lab where elementary school students start with building their first robot and advance to preparing for robotics competitions.
THE R CHILD is a 5000 square foot educational facility in the heart of Fort Lee, NJ. It's a place for the whole family to enjoy. Here you can learn, celebrate, discover, and find likeminded families.
- 3 different Discovery Zones introducing educational play
- Cafe and Lounge
- STEAM Birthday Parties
- Baby Explorer
- Little Explorer Level 1 (occupational therapy-based mommy-and-me program)
- Little Explorer Level 2 (Montessori-based pre-K prep program)
- Music Appreciation
- LEGO Explorers (robotics prep program)
- Lego Engineering (robotics prep program)
- Coding with Scratch Jr. (robotics prep program)
- Little Scientist (kindergarten prep)
- Around The World (kindergarten prep)
- Robotics (LEGO robotics, VEX robotics)
- FIRST LEGO League (robotics competition teams)
- 3-D Printing (TinkerCad, Laser Cutter)
- Coding with Scratch
- Coding with Minecraft Education
- Python, Java
- Technology Bootcamp
Robotics Competitions: Every year THE R CHILD's robotics teams participate in the FIRST LEGO League, an international robotics competition for elementary and middle school students. Kids apply their knowledge to build open-ended projects, solve real-world problems, and complete challenges.
Technology Bootcamp Camp (ages 8-14): a mix of technology and STEAM classes that we offer. Register ahead or drop in last-minute to have fun and learn. Throughout the day kids are offered Robotics, 3-D Printing, YouTube Creator, Game Design, and Minecraft