The Petersen Automotive Museum celebrates two things deeply ingrained in LA culture, cars and Hollywood, with an automotive parade on President’s Day.
Featuring iconic Hollywood cars, (and one with a Presidential pedigree!) the parade starts in Playa Vista at 10am, and passes through a number of LA landmarks including The Santa Monica Pier, Rodeo Drive and the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
There is a planned 20-minute stop at Abbott Kinney Boulevard in Venice, where viewers can take pictures with the parade cars.
After the parade, the cars return to the Petersen at around 1 pm and are displayed on the third floor of the museum parking garage.
Participating vehicles include:
- the 1951 Chrysler Camera Car once owned by billionaire movie mogul Howard Hughes
- the 1966 Chrysler Imperial “Black Beauty” that was driven in the Green Hornet television series
- the Volkswagen Type 2 Microbus from the 2006 American comedy-drama Little Miss Sunshine
- the 1999 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible from the second installment of the Austin Powers franchise The Spy Who Shagged Me
- the 2002 Jaguar XKR Stunt Car that was the anti-hero car in the 2002 James Bond flick Die Another Day
- the Chrysler Imperial Parade Phaeton, which belonged to President Dwight D. Eisenhower
- the Honda S2000 from 2 Fast 2 Furious