Memorial Day: Operation Social Strong
Veterans and frontline Covid-19 healthcare workers are honored with a Memorial Day Flyover salute, organized by the Inland Empire Wing Commemorative Air Force.
The 90 minute flyover of several WWII era aircraft is a salute to all veterans who gave the ultimate sacrifice and to honor Frontline Covid-19 health care workers.
The flyover tribute features WWII era aircraft over Southern California's two national cemeteries, VA, USC, UCLA, CHOC, Loma Linda, City of Hope Medical Centers and Hospitals, and the Battleship USS Iowa. Onboard the lead aircraft CAF Inland Empire Wings D-Day Doll, Veterans from WWII, Korea and Vietnam are special guests of honor for the flight.
A total of 18 historic planes are flying in the formation. The planes will be flying much slower than the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels so they should be easier to see.
Anticipated Flyover Times:
- 12 noon: Loma Linda University Medical Center
- 12:05pm: Riverside National Cemetery
- 12:15pm: Turn Point
- 12:19pm: St. Joseph Hospital, Tustin
- 12:22pm: John Wayne International Airport
- 12:24pm: Pacific View Memorial Park, Corona Del Mar
- 12:25pm: Newport Beach
- 12:32pm: Long Beach Veterans Administration Hospital
- 12:35pm: The Queen Mary
- 12:37pm: USS Iowa Memorial
- 12:38pm: Green Hills Memorial Park, Rancho Palos Verdes
- 12:39pm: Zamperini Airport, Torrance
- 12:43pm: Los Angeles International Airport
- 12:45pm: Santa Monica Airport
- 12:46pm: Los Angeles National Cemetery
- 12:47pm: UCLA Medical Center
- 12:52pm: USC Medical Center
- 12:58pm: City of Hope Hospital
- 1:07pm: Chino Municipal Airport (landing)