This delightful and surprising nonverbal tale follows a family who learns that kindness and treating nature with respect is more important than getting what you want at any cost. The first show on Saturday is sensory friendly.
Based on the Chris Haughton book of the same name, Shh! We Have a Plan is a nonverbal story featuring magic, music and puppetry. Follow the journey of a family adventuring through the woods - when they see a beautiful bird perched high in a tree, each of these three madcap characters have a plan to capture it. Sounds simple, but the quest soon becomes an obsession and the obsession becomes the absurd. Where will it all end? Join us as the youngest teaches everyone that kindness and treating nature with respect is more important than getting what you want at any cost.
A Special Sensory Friendly performance on April 14 at 10am is designed for patrons with sensory sensitivities and their families. Features include:
- A relaxed atmosphere where talking and movement is fine and dandy.
- Reduction of sound levels, particularly loud or startling sounds.
- Reduction of overwhelming stage lighting.
- Low ambient lighting in the theater so patrons can move around or exit the theater.
- iPads or smart phones are welcome if they are being used as a communication device.
Showtimes are April 14 at 10am and 1pm, and April 15 at 1pm and 3:30pm.