Design Hive Summer STEAM Camp
Update: This camp week is fully booked.
Join Design Hive for an in-person day camp focused on the creative exploration of all things STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics). This camp offers a combination of project work and exploratory activities to engage kids in STEAM activities that may include, but are not limited to, kinetic art, circuitry, game design, movement, architecture, and engineering. Book one day or the whole week!
Sample Class Format
- 10:00 -10:30 STEAM Project Workshop
- 10:30 -10:45 Snack/break
- 10:45 -11:30 Process Art Activity
- 11:30 -12:30 Outdoor Lunch Break and Movement
- 12:30 -1:00 STEAM Workshop (con't from morning Worskhop)
- 1:00 -1:45 Engineering & Exploration
- 1:45- Clean up, pack up, get ready to go!
Design Hive kindly asks that all students be 5 years of age and up for this camp. Students will be working with tools that may not be appropriate for younger students. Some fine motor skills requirements as well as other concepts may be out of reach for students under 5.
Design Hive uses several types of tools in maker workshops and camps. In order for students to fully participate, they need to be able to:
1. Use full sized scissors independently.
2. Use a hot glue gun independently.
3. Know how to tie a knot and a bow.
Design Hive provides appropriate tools and help guide children through activities safely. Design Hive instructors have the expectation that ALL children will participate and use ALL provided tools. Please make sure that this sounds appealing to both you and your child prior to registering.