As an escape from high pressure holiday shopping in big box stores and congested parking lots at this time of year, the East Lyme villages of Niantic and Flanders are hosting their annual Holiday Stroll.
This family-friendly day features horse-drawn carriage rides, professional holiday carolers along the quaint shop-lined streets of Niantic, with complimentary hot cider and cocoa.
Children await the arrival of Santa on a shiny red fire truck to the town green just in time for a tree lighting ceremony at 5:00 pm on Liberty Green in the heart of Niantic.
The day includes:
- horse-drawn carriage rides,
- shops & restaurant specials,
- holiday music and complimentary hot cider and cocoa on the town green,
- children’s arts, crafts and games,
- the 2nd Annual Chili Cook-off,
- a Smore Station,
- a “Snow-Flake Drop” featuring discounts and giveaways to local shops and restaurants, and last, but not least,
- the arrival of Santa on a shiny red fire truck just in time for the annual Christmas Tree lighting ceremony beginning at 5:00 pm on Liberty Green in the heart of Niantic Village.